Wednesday, March 11

Stolen Idea

I can't remember where I read this, online or in print but somewhere a ways back, I read what I thought was a pretty awesome idea and stole it.

Cowboy and I were a wee bit sad to leave the old apartment.

I know, its only on the eighth floor, its not like we went far at all. I'm here to tell you, the difference of three floors is remarkable. I feel less exposed in our new place. It's weird but I don't feel like there is a hallway on the other side of our front door with other apartments out there. I feel tucked away and secure. Cowboy says its because it's a smaller space, so the walls are closer to us and we don't feel so open. Maybe.

Anyway, we had a lot of good things happen to us while in that old apartment. Our lives were very fortunate. Our relationship grew stronger. It was the first place we've lived together. Blah, blah, blah.

So, we left a bottle of champagne and good wishes for the next occupant. That's my stolen idea.

We know our management offices really well and Cowboy has had a drink or two or three with the man in charge of maintenance. We had to tell them our stolen idea so we could go back in and leave the bottle, after they were finished prepping it for the next occupant.

We left the good wishes note anonymous. I didn't want to feel all weirded out if we ever ran into them in the elevator or vice versa.

As soon as we left the bottle and note and finally locked the door, I felt ten times better about everything happening in my life right now.

No wedding date. That's okay.
No job. Perfectly fine.
You know why...because I've been fortunate to have great health, a man who loves me to the moon and back, a great support system of family and friends and overall, a pretty darn good life.

5 comments:

Bev said...

Awww, so cool. I hope the next occupant loves it.

A said...

What a cute idea! I'd have to leave Prozac in my current apartment for whoever is unfortunate enough to have to deal with my landlord when I move out of here. ;)

littlebrownie said...

That's awesome. You two should pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate your new chapter!

Jennifer said...

That is amazing. I am stealing that from you when we move!

Christopher Hinn said...

What a cool idea!